Ison Biology has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://isonbiology.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Multiple Alleles Equations

KEY:
I^A = A Antigens produced on Red Blood Cells
I^B = B Antigens produced on Red Blood Cells
i = No Antigens produced on Red Blood Cells

I^A I^A = Type A Blood (A antigen produced on RBCs)
I^A I^B = Type AB Blood (A & B antigens produced on RBCs)
I^A i = Type A Blood (A antigen produced on RBCs)
I^B I^B = Type B Blood (B antigen produced on RBCs)
I^B i = Type B Blood (B antigen produced on RBCs)
i i = Type O Blood (No antigen produced on RBCs)

EQUATIONS:
1. I^A I^A * I^A I^A
2. I^A I^A * I^A I^B
3. I^A I^A * I^A i
4. I^A I^A * I^B I^B
5. I^A I^A * I^B i
6. I^A I^A * i i
7. I^A I^B * I^A I^B
8. I^A I^B * I^A i
9. I^A I^B * I^B I^B
10. I^A I^B * I^B i
11. I^A I^B * i i
12. I^A i * I^A i
13. I^A i * I^B I^B
14. I^A i * I^B i
15. I^A i * i i
16. I^B I^B * I^B I^B
17. I^B I^B * I^B i
18. I^B I^B * i i
19. I^B i * I^B i
20. I^B i * i i
21. i i * i i

Student must provide the phenotypes for the parents, the Punnett Square, genotypes of the offspring, and phenotypes of the offspring for all problems assigned.

Period 1 - Complete All 21 Problems
Period 3 - Complete Problems 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, & 21
Period 4 - Complete Problems 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, & 21
Period 5 - Complete Odd Problems
Period 6 - Complete Problems 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, & 21
Period 7 - Complete Odd Problems